Monday, April 23, 2018

Happy BardDay


Today is William Shakespeare's death day and possibly his birthday, so here's a quote from the BardDay boy about taking risks:
Our doubts are traitors.
And make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt.

~William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
Although I'm not an Englishman, my feelings about Shakespeare are similar to Jane Austen's:
Shakespeare one gets acquainted with without knowing how. It is a part of an Englishman's constitution. His thoughts and beauties are so spread abroad that one touches them every where, one is intimate with him by instinct.
Apparently the risks Shakespeare took paid off!

************

14 of the best Shakespeare film adaptations *

(* I saw "10 Things I Hate about You" recently and, although I know a lot of people love it, I didn't, for probably the same reasons I don't love "Taming of the Shrew." So, based on my enjoyment, I would put "Warm Bodies" on this list and take "10 Things" off. Would love to hear your additions and subtractions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment